Click here for the most up to date blueberry news.
Blueberry season is in full swing across the southern part of Michigan. Below is a list of blueberry farms that are offering u-pick this season. If you don’t find one in your area, leave a comment and I will try to find one for you. If you have been to one of these farms, feel free to leave a comment, describing your experience.
1. Dexter Blueberry farm (located to the west of Ann Arbor & downtown Dexter) is NOW open for u-pick blueberries. They say the picking conditions are excellent. They sell for $1.60 a pound. I picked their twice last season and it was a great experience and they are plenty of bushes to pick from. Click here to visit their website.
2. Woodland Berry Farms in Zeeland, MI has three varieties of blueberries currently available for u-pick: Blue Crop, Jersey, and Blue Ray. They charge $1.25 a pound. For more information call them at (616) 875-8853 or visit their website.
3. Jones Berry Farm in Bridgman, MI is NOW open for u-pick. They are saying they have a “bountiful blueberry crop”. Click here to visit their website.
4. Rambo Blueberries also located in Bridgman, is OPEN for business. Their Bluecrop variety is available for picking. They recommend you call ahead before you come in. Their phone number is (269) 426-4074. Click here to visit their website.
5. Czaika’s Blueberry Farm in Tawas City has not set their opening date for u-pick yet, but they expect it to be any time now. Call them at (989) 326-4638 or visit their website for updates.
6. Croswell Berry Farm in Croswell, MI (6 miles west of Lexington) should be open for picking now. Call 810-679-3273 for crop conditions before coming. Click here for their website.
7. Hazen’s Farm in Howell, MI is NOW open for picking. I had a friend visit their farm yesterday and said the picking was great. They are charging $1.42 a pound. For more information call 517-548-1841. Click here for their website.
8. Harvey’s Farm in Tekonsha, MI is NOW open for picking. They charge $1.25 per pound. They are located right off I-69, exit #25 (head west on M-60 1/4 mile to 15 Mile Road. Go north 1/4 mile to the farm located at 2651 15 Mile Rd.). Click here for their website.
9. DeGrandchamp’s Blueberry Farm in South Haven says they are at the peak of their season, so come on over. They are open daily from 8am-6pm. Click here for their website.
10. Kendall’s Blueberries in Hastings (about 50 miles southwest of Lansing) has blueberries for u-pick for $1 a pound (cheapest in the state that I know of). They have 7 acres of blueberries that including these varieties: Blueray, Bluecrop, Nelson, Elliott, Rubel and Duke. Click here for their website.
Keep coming back to the website for updates as the season progresses.