The hot weather last week has given away to perfect strawberry picking conditions. With highs around the high 70s and plenty of strawberries to pick, this is the week to get your strawberry fix. Don’t hesitate as the season will be over before you know. Here are updates from farms across the state.
Click here for the most up to date Michigan U-Pick Strawberry News
(1) Whittaker’s Berry Farm in Ida is at the peak of their u-pick season right now! They say “The berries are VERY SIZEABLE, EXTREMELY PLENTIFUL, and most importantly…SWEET!” Their price is $1.30/lb with containers included. For already picked berries the price is $3.25/qt. For more details, call (734) 269-6612
(2) Frank Farms in Berrien Center is NOW open for u-pick. They are charging $1/lb and provide containers. They are open 7am-7pm daily. They expect the season to last about 3 weeks. For picking conditions, call (269) 461-4125.
(3) Stovers Farm Market in Berrien Springs are NOW open for picking strawberries. For more info, call 269-471-140
(4) Harvey’s Farm in Tekonsha is OPEN for u-pick. They charge $1.50/quart. Call (517) 767-3408 for info.
(6) Felzke Farms in DeWitt (just outside of Lansing) is open for u-pick! The cost is $1.50 per pound. They are open Mon-Sat from 8am till 6pm. Sunday 10am-4pm. For more info call (517) 669-9459.
(7) Bixby Orchards in Berrien Springs is NOW open for u-pick. The picking is located on Daniel Boone Trail (the road runs between Pokagon and US 31). For more updates check out their facebook page.
(8) Earl’s Farm Market in Fennville is NOW open for u-pick. Call (269) 227-2074 for picking conditions/updates.
(9) Mandigo Farms in Paw Paw should now be open for u-pick, call (269) 657-4481 to confirm. They supply containers. They are open daily 8 am-5 pm.
(11) Spicer Orchards in Fenton is NOW open for u-pick. Call ahead for conditions: (810) 632-7692
(13) Miller’s Big Red in Washington is NOW open for u-pick from 9am-5pm daily. Call (586) 752-7888 for updates/crop conditions.
(14) Verellen Orchards in Romeo should now be open for u-pick. Give them a call to confirm. Their phone number is 586-752-2989.
(15) Middleton Berry Farm in Ortonville is NOW open for u-pick! Call (248) 628-1819 for updates.
(16) AJ’s Berry Farm in Lachine (15 miles west of Alpena) is expecting their crop to be ready June 20th or later. They will have some already picked berries available this weekend (June 18-19) Check back for updates or (989) 379-3061.
(17) Westview Orchards in Washington Township is now open for u-pick. For more info call 866-WVO-4-FUN.
Other Sources for Michigan Strawberries
(1) Nye’s Apple Barn in St. Joesph has strawberries available for purchase.
(2) Fruit Acres Farm Market & U-Pick in Coloma have 8 quart flats for $25.99.
(3) Schultz Fruitridge Farms in Mattawan has already picked berries for $3.50 quart or $24.00 a flat (8 quarts). Their hours are Monday-Saturday 9-7 and Sunday 9-6.
(4) Chelsea’s Farm Fresh Produce has picked strawberries available daily. They are located at 130 S. Main St,, Brooklyn, MI 49230. Their phone number is 517-414-3003.