Today we ate like no one else! Here's what the kids ate:
Faithy and Grace- Sweet Wheat by Three Sisters, milk, Cherry Pomegranate Juice
Little Mister- Blueberry yogurt with puffed millet mixed in (He LOVED this!)
Blueberry muffins, bananas and orange juice (we went to a home school co-op meeting today and they had refreshments!)
Faithy and Grace: Fresh pineapple chunks,whole milk strawberry yogurt, peanut butter on a spoon, homemade gelatin made with Cherry Pomegranate Juice
Little Guy missed lunch today because he was napping!
Grace and Faithy- Blue Corn Tortilla Chips by Garden of Eatin'
Bangers n' Mash! (Keilbasa Sausage and Mashed Potatoes), sliced pears, frozen sweet corn
Again today, Autumn refused to even TRY dinner today. I haven't met a kid that didn't like mashed potatoes until her. We made sure she had plenty of
How To Make Homemade Juicy Gel-O
Grace has always loved Jello. It is so much fun to eat! When she was about 2 years old she called it "googles"...but I didn't feel right about giving her that sugar laden snack that offered no nutritional value at all. We came up with a great alternative that gets the same exciting result, and packs a great nutritional punch! It's also JUST as easy to make as the box you buy off the shelf, and no more expensive, so why wouldn't you!?
Here's proof of it's goodness:
- 2 cups 100% cold fruit juice
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
- Mix ½ cup cool fruit juice with 2 packages of gelatin. Set aside (gives time for the gelatin to bloom)
- In a saucepan, bring 1 ½ cups of juice just to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix together the heated juice with the gelatin/juice mixture.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Place in the fridge. Allow about 4 hours to set up, before enjoying.