Click here for the most up to date blueberry news.
Sadly blueberry season is coming to an end in Michigan. The farms on the southwestern part of the state are pretty much all closed. Your best bet to pick blueberries still in Michigan are in the northern parts of the states and some places in the metro Detroit/Ann Arbor area. If you go and pick at any of these farms or already have this year I would love to hear about your experience, leave a comment below, including your e-mail address for if I have further questions. Now onto the updates from farms across the state.
OPEN for U-Pick
1. Dexter Blueberry Farm (located to the west of Ann Arbor & downtown Dexter) STILL has excellent picking conditions right now. They sell for $1.60 a pound. I picked there on Saturday, July 31st. Click here to read about my experience. Click here to visit their website.
2. Czaika’s Blueberry Farm in Tawas City has LOTS of blueberries for picking. They are charging $1.00 per pound (that's cheap!) If you wish to reach them you can call them at (989) 326-4638 or visit their website for updates.
3. Croswell Berry Farm in Croswell, MI (6 miles west of Lexington) should be open for picking now. Call 810-679-3273 for crop conditions before coming. Click here for their website.
4. Spicer Orchards in Fenton may still have blueberries for picking. To confirm call (810) 632-7692 and click here for their website.
5. Erie Orchards in Erie, MI still has some blueberries for u-pick for $2.50 per pound. For more information you can call them at 734-848-4518 or visit their website.
6. Sandy Acres Blueberry Farm in Belleville is open Tuesday through Sunday from 9am to 5pm for u-pick. Their phone number 734-657-2828.
7. Buchan's Blueberry Hill in Traverse City still has TONS of blueberries for u-pick. The cost is $1.85 per pound. They recommend you call ahead for picking conditions. You can reach them at 231-223-4846 or visit their website.
CLOSED for U-Pick
1. Woodland Berry Farms in Zeeland, MI is CLOSED for u-pick for the season. You can still buy frozen blueberries from them. For more information call them at (616) 875-8853 or visit their website.
2. Jones Berry Farm in Bridgman, MI is CLOSED for the season. Click here to visit their website.
3. Rambo Blueberries also located in Bridgman is CLOSED for the season. Click here to visit their website.
4. Hazen's Farm in Howell, MI are MOST LIKELY CLOSED for the season. For more information call 517-548-1841. Click here for their website.
5. Harvey's Farm in Tekonsha, MI is CLOSED for the season. Click here for their website.
6. DeGrandchamp's Blueberry Farm in South Haven is CLOSED for the season. Click here for their website.
7. Kendall's Blueberries in Hastings (about 50 miles southwest of Lansing) is CLOSED for the season. If you still wish to contact them, their phone number is 269-945-3735 or click here for their website.
8. Kapnick Orchards in Britton (close by to Adrian and Tecumseh) is CLOSED for the season. Right now they have peaches for picking and apples coming soon. Their phone number is 517-423-7419. Click here for their website.
Looking for a way to use up some blueberries. Check out my recipe for homemade blueberry lemonade. It's delicious!
Leave a Reply