If you still want to pick blueberries this year, you are going to have to hunt for them. Most farms in the state are now closed but there are a few farms left open. It's best to call them at this point in the season to make sure they are still picking.
OPEN for U-Pick
1. Dexter Blueberry Farm (located to the west of Ann Arbor & downtown Dexter) STILL has blueberries left, but the picking is slowing down. They will be done by September 7th. They sell for $1.60 a pound. I picked there on Saturday, July 31st. Click here to read about my experience. Click here to visit their website.
2. Czaika’s Blueberry Farm in Tawas City has blueberries left with the majority being at the center of the bushes. They hope to remain open through Labor Day. They are charging $1.00 per pound (that's cheap!) If you wish to reach them you can call them at (989) 326-4638 or visit their website for updates.
3. Croswell Berry Farm in Croswell, MI (6 miles west of Lexington) may still have blueberries left. Call 810-679-3273 for crop conditions before coming. Click here for their website.
4. Erie Orchards in Erie, MI may still have blueberries through this weekend. They cost $2.50 per pound. For more information you can call them at 734-848-4518 or visit their website.
5. Buchan's Blueberry Hill in Traverse City still has blueberries for u-pick. The cost is $1.85 per pound. They recommend you call ahead for picking conditions. You can reach them at 231-223-4846 or visit their website.
CLOSED for U-Pick
1. Woodland Berry Farms in Zeeland, MI is CLOSED for u-pick for the season. You can still buy frozen blueberries from them. For more information call them at (616) 875-8853 or visit their website.
2. Jones Berry Farm in Bridgman, MI is CLOSED for the season. Click here to visit their website.
3. Rambo Blueberries also located in Bridgman is CLOSED for the season. Click here to visit their website.
4. Hazen's Farm in Howell, MI are MOST LIKELY CLOSED for the season. For more information call 517-548-1841. Click here for their website.
5. Harvey's Farm in Tekonsha, MI is CLOSED for the season. Click here for their website.
6. DeGrandchamp's Blueberry Farm in South Haven is CLOSED for the season. Click here for their website.
7. Kendall's Blueberries in Hastings (about 50 miles southwest of Lansing) is CLOSED for the season. If you still wish to contact them, their phone number is 269-945-3735 or click here for their website.
8. Kapnick Orchards in Britton (close by to Adrian and Tecumseh) is CLOSED for the season. Their phone number is 517-423-7419. Click here for their website.
9. Spicer Orchards in Fenton is CLOSED for the season. To confirm call (810) 632-7692 and click here for their website.
Looking for a way to use up some blueberries. Check out my recipe for homemade blueberry lemonade. It's delicious!