Click here for the most up to date news.
What emobides a summer day more than biting into a peach and having juice pour down your face? The peach season here in Michigan is just beginning. The best way to enjoy Michigan peaches (and the cheapest way) is to pick them yourself. Throughout the season I will be posting weekly updates from farms around the state on the status of their u-pick peaches, so make sure to come back every week. If there is an area of the state that you are looking to find peaches in and I haven't listed any on the site, please leave a comment and I will do my best to find a local u-pick peach farm for you.
1. Kapnick Orchards located in Britton, MI will be opening at the end of the month for u-pick peaches. You will be able to pick Red Haven peaches. They say the crop is good this year. For more information you can call them at (517) 423-7419 or visit their website.
2. Fruit Acres Farm in Coloma, MI opened this past weekend for picking of their Sweet Juicy Earlystar and Brightstar Peaches. They will begin picking Red Haven peaches on July 31 & August 1 or August 8 & 9. They only offer u-pick on the weekends. The price per pound is 75 cents. For more information you can call them at (269) 468-5076 or visit their website.
3. Erie Orchards in Erie, MI will be offering these peaches (cost $1.29/pound) for u-pick on the listed dates:
Early Red Haven - July 30th
Redhaven and Newhaven - August 10th
Glohaven, Canadian Harmony and Jim Dandy - August 15th
Cresthaven and Red Skin - August 25th
For more information you can call them at 734-848-4518 or visit their website.
4. Hazen's Farm in Howell, MI will be offering u-pick peaches this year but the exact time has not be announced yet. For availability call them at (517) 548-1841 or visit their website.
5. Westview Orchards in Washington Township, MI will be offering u-pick freestone peaches starting sometime in August. For more information you can call them at (866)WVO-4-FUN or visit their website.
Watch for more farms to be added throughout the season.