If you are wondering if there is still time to pick peaches in Michigan this season, the answer is yes. But the peach season is almost over. The last season varieties are becoming available, so you should be able to find a couple places in Michigan still picking peaches through Labor Day weekend. After that everywhere should be done for the year.
STILL OPEN FOR U-PICK
1. Fruit Acres Farm in Coloma, MI are open for u-pick each weekend through labor day. They will have Glowing Star, White Peaches, and Nectarines currently. They will have Fayette peaches during Labor Day weekend. Cost is $.75 pound up to 35 pounds, and $.65 pound over 35 pounds. For more information you can call them at (269) 468-5076 or visit their website.
2. Erie Orchards in Erie, MI are should still have Cresthaven and Red Skin peaches available for picking. They cost $1.29/pound) for u-pick. For more information you can call them at 734-848-4518 or visit their website.
3. Nyes Apple Barn in St. Joesph, MI may have some last season varieties available. They charge 69 cents per pound. You can either bring your own basket or purchase one of theirs. U-Picks hours are 9am to 5:30pm. Please call ahead to check on picking conditions. Their number is (269) 429-0596 or you can visit their website.
4. Overhiser Orchards in South Haven, MI may have some last season varieties still available. To find out what they are currently picking call 269-236-6312. You can also visit their website.
5. Frank Farms in Berrien Center, MI may still have some late season varieties available for u-pick. For more information, call them at 269-461-4125. You can also visit their website.
7. Big Dan's U-Pick 'Em in Hartford, MI (about 35 miles west of Kalamazoo) has Fayette peaches for picking but they may not last through Labor Day weekend. They could have Autumn Star peaches available for u-pick. They are open daily 10am to 6pm. Their phone number is (269) 621-4037. Click here for their website.
8. Stover's Farm Market and U‐Pic in Berrien Springs may still have peaches left to pick. The vareties of u-pick peaches available during the season (July-September): Red Haven, Crest Haven, Glo Haven, Baby Gold, Red Skins. To find out what they are picking today, call 269‐471‐1401. Click here for their website.
U-PICK PEACH SEASON IS OVER AT
1. Kapnick Orchards located in Britton, MI is NO LONGER has u-pick this year. I picked there on Saturday, August 7th. Click here to read about my experience. They will have apples shortly. Their phone number is (517) 423-7419 or visit their website.
2. Hazen's Farm in Howell, MI DID NOT have u-pick peaches this year. I was told by a friend they didn't have a good crop. If you still wish to contact them you can reach them at (517) 548-1841 or visit their website.
3. Westview Orchards in Washington Township, MI are CLOSED for u-pick peaches for the season. They may still have peaches available for purchase, but these are already picked. They are open daily from 9am - 5pm. For more information you can call them at (866)WVO-4-FUN or visit their website.
4. Tree-Mendus Fruit in Eau Claire, MI are done harvesting peaches this year. They do have apples available for u-pick. For more information call for their Ripe-N-Ready Report by dialing 877-863-3276. Click here for their website.
What are the advantages to picking your own peaches?. Click here to read my article on shopping for peaches.