Click here for the most up to date news on u-pick raspberries in Michigan.
Right now raspberries are a hit and miss around the state. Some places have some raspberries available now, but they are limited until the fall varieties are ready. Other places only have the summer types and they are almost picked out. It’s best to call the place you plan to go to ahead of time or visit their website to make sure they are picking. Now onto updates from around the state.
Washtenaw County (Ann Arbor area)
1. Rowe’s Produce Farm is open on select days for picking at the moment. It’s best to call ahead to see if they are picking the day you want to come. You can reach them at (734) 482-8538 or visit their website. Click here to read about my experience picking there.
2. Makielski Berry Farm (located on Platt Road, south of Michigan Ave) will have raspberries for picking as we get closer to fall. They currently are picking blackberries. You can call their info line for more details: (734) 572-0060 or visit their website
Lansing Area (Mid-Michigan)
1. Gruber’s Farm in Williamston (1061 E. Sherwood, Williamston, MI) is saying their fall raspberry picking will begin on Tuesday, August 24th. Their phone number is (517) 655-2901.
2. Swallowtail Farm (1633 Hagadorn Rd, Mason, MI 48854) expect their “Autumn Bitten” variety to be available around the third week of August. Their “Heritage” variety around the 1st of September. Their phone number is (517) 980-6634
3. Hazen’s Farm in Howell, MI typically has their raspberries ready for picking in mid-August. They currently are offering blueberries. For more information call 517-548-1841. Click here for their website.
Northern Lower Peninsula
1. Kiteley’s Farm Market (03805 Brock Road Charlevoix, MI. 49720) has red, black, and purple raspberries available for u-pick at different times throughout the season. Their phone number is (231) 547-2318. Click here for their website.
2. AJ’s Berry Farm in Lachine (15 miles to the west of Alpena) has a few raspberries left to pick. Once the current berries are picked out you will have to wait for fall raspberries available in September. For more information call 989-379-3061 or visit their website.
Grand Rapids area (southwestern Michigan)
1. Bird Berry Farm in Belding (about 45 minutes to the northeast of Grand Rapids) will have raspberries to pick in the fall. For more information, call them at 616-794-5041.
2. Sandy Bottom Berries in Rockford is winding down their raspberry season (they do not have fall berries). Call them at (616)225-9376 to see if they are still picking. The price is $3.30 a quart. Click here for their website.
3. DeLange’s Red Berry Farm in Hudsonville has only already picked berries available now. Their u-pick raspberries will be ready in August. You can reach them at 616-875-7117 or visit their website.
Southeastern Michigan (Monroe County/Dundee area)
1. Whittaker’s Berry Farm (6724 Todd Road Ida, MI, 48140) will have raspberries available in the next 2 weeks. To see if they are ready call (734) 269-6612
I will add more farms to the list as the season continues on.