For information on the 2013 Michigan Strawberry Crop check out my 2013 report
I have been getting so many e-mails and facebook updates today about u-pick strawberries in Michigan, I thought it was time to do another news update. Farms are now open or are ready to open within the new couple days. We have had some really hot weather, and I think that is going to help ripen the crops up.
Click here for the most up to date Michigan U-Pick Strawberry News
(1) Whittaker's Berry Farm in Ida are opening for the season on Thursday, June 9th at 8:00am. Their price is $1.30/lb with containers included. For already picked berries the price is $3.25/qt. For more details, call (734) 269-6612
(2) Frank Farms in Berrien Center are opening for the season on Sunday, June 12th at 7am. They are charging $1/lb and provide containers. They are open 7am-7pm daily. They expect the season to last about 3 weeks. For picking conditions, call (269) 461-4125.
(3) Stovers Farm Market in Berrien Springs are NOW open for picking strawberries. For more info, call 269-471-140
(4) Harvey's Farm in Tekonsha will have strawberries available late this week. Call (517) 767-3408 for u-pick info.
(5) Rowe's Produce Farm in Ypsilanti should have their strawberries ready for picking in mid-June. Read about my experience picking their last year. For more updates join "THE LIST" by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
(6) Bixby Orchards in Berrien Springs is expecting their crop to be ready the week of June 10th. For more updates check out their facebook page.
(7) Earl's Farm Market in Fennville will have u-pick strawberries. Call (269) 227-2074 for picking conditions/updates.
(8) Mandigo Farms in Paw Paw will have u-pick strawberries. They supply containers. They are open daily 8 am-5 pm. Call (269) 657-4481 for updates.
(10) Spicer Orchards in Fenton will have u-pick strawberries this year. Call (810) 632-7692 for update and crop conditions.
(12) Miller's Big Red in Washington will have u-pick strawberries this year. Call (586) 752-7888 for updates/crop conditions.
(13) Verellen Orchards in Romeo will have strawberries for picking starting in the 2nd week of June. (Call) 586-752-2989 for updates/crop conditions.
(14) Middleton Berry Farm in Ortonville should have u-pick strawberries available soon. Call (248) 628-1819 for updates.
(15) Felzke Farms in DeWitt (just outside of Lansing) will have already picked berries available starting Thursday, June 9th. They will start u-pick at a later date. Check back for updates or call (517) 669-9459.
(16) AJ's Berry Farm in Lachine (15 miles west of Alpena) is expecting their crop to be ready June 20th or later. Check back for updates or (989) 379-3061.
Other Sources for Michigan Strawberries
(1) Nye's Apple Barn in St. Joesph expect to have strawberries available for purchase by 10am on Sunday, June 5th.
(2) Fruit Acres Farm Market & U-Pick in Coloma will have strawberries for sale at their farm market when they open June 10th.