How to Make Pumpkin Hummus and a review of my favorite crackers to eat with hummus – Milton’s Gluten Free crackers.
This post is sponsored by Milton’s Craft Bakers.
If we all scream for ice cream, does that mean we all hum for hummus?
Next time you serve hummus, you should try humming, see if anyone else follows your lead. And next time you serve hummus, you should make it yourself, with some fresh pumpkin.
It’s #pumpkineverything season right. Why not hummus? They perfectly go together.
Don’t believe me? Let me show you how!
And as a bonus (we love bonuses on this blog), I am going to tell you about the best crackers you’ll need to dip into the ultimate fall time hummus!
Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
The moment you have been waiting for, here is the recipe to make the Pumpkin Hummus. Yum Yum!
- Food processor
- Place a pound of cooked chickpeas and garlic into a food processor. Process until smooth. You may have to stop and scrap the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Add the water and lemon juice. Process to combine about 20-30 seconds. Scrap sides of bowl.
- Add the Tahini. Process to combine about 20-30 seconds. Scrap sides of bowl.
- Add the fresh pumpkin and nutmeg. Process to combine about 20-30 seconds. Scrap sides of bowl.
- With the food processor running slowly drizzle in your olive oil.
- Add salt to taste. Pulse a few times to combine, and taste. If it needs more salt, add a little more and repeat.
- To make it look more like the color of the inside of a pumpkin you can add turmeric. Add a little a a time until you get the color you want. I wouldn’t do more than a 1 teaspoon or you might throw off the flavor.
- Serve inside of a small carved out pumpkin for fall cuteness!
Disclaimer: This posts includes affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. These are products and services I recommend because I use or trust them. Cookies will be used to track the affiliate links you click.