Mini Pumpkin Cake Donuts
A King Arthur Flour recipe that I have taken made into mini donuts, Instructions in my own words.
- cinnamon sugar
- Pumpkin Buttercream (see NOTES)
- vanilla drizzle (sugar + water + vanilla)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Combine all ingredients except the flour in a mixing bowl, beat to combine
Then add the flour. Mix until combined. Don't overmix. We aren't making a loaf of bread here.
Ladle batter into mini donut or uffin pan that you have liberally sprayed with oil.
Bake for 5-6 minutes in the donut pan or 8-9 minutes in the muffin pan or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from pan as soon as you can.
Add toppings if desired (see NOTES)
How to Glaze Your Donuts
- Cinnamon Sugar - Just combine cinnamon and sugar to coat the donuts once they are cool enough to handle. Don't wait until they cool all the way though.
- Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting - Beat 1 stick of butter til smooth. Add 1/2 cup pumpkin puree and mix to combine. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you reach your desire consistency. For me it normally around 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Vanilla Drizzle - In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, water, and vanilla extract. Just eyeball it and add more sugar or more water until you get the right consistency.