Two of my favorite things to do with fresh in-season fruit is to make ice cream (or sorbet), and lemonade! You can't get that fresh fruit taste out of bottle or from a powdered mix. Making your own lemonade is not that hard to do, and with lemons available year around, you can combine them with any in-season fruit, for a special treat. One of my wife's favorite is peach lemonade. It's simple to make. You combine a basic lemonade recipe with a peach puree.
Also check out my recipe for blueberry lemonade.
For the basic lemonade
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ½ cups good tasting water
For the peach puree
- 2-3 medium peaches
Making the basic lemonade
- Take 1 cup of the water and combine it with the 1 cup of sugar in a small saucepan. Heat up the water to just dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat.
- Add the sugar water, lemon juice, and 5 ½ cups of water in a 2 ½ quart pitcher. Stir well to combine. Note it's important to use water that you like the taste of. If you don't like the water from your tap, use filtered water.
Adding the peaches
- Peel and slice the peaches. Add enough sugar to cover. I just use the same amount I would if I was just going to eat the peaches as is. Using a blender (I like an immersion blender for this) puree the peaches until they are a thick liquid. Now add the puree to the lemonade and stir to combine. Taste it and add more water or sugar based on your preference. Chill your lemonade and enjoy!
Behind the Scenes
I am trying a new thing out on the blog. I am sharing my behind the scenes look at how I came up with this post.
Here is your chance to see how I took the above photo. Here is a shot of my setup:
It was the middle of the afternoon when I took this shot. The only got lighting in the house was by the laundry door. So I placed my 2x2 board on top of my cooler. My wife loaned me one of her tank tops to use as the background. I took my lemonade and placed it into 1 tall Ball jar and 1 handled jar that I have had for years that I bought with jam in it. I arranged the lemons and peaches around so that it would be clear that the drink in the glass was peach lemonade. I place a white form board next to my setup to help direct more light onto my subject.