Click here for the most up to date news on u-pick raspberries in Michigan.
Today I got to pick my first raspberries of the season. I went to Rowe’s Produce Farm near Ypsilanti. It was a great experience. If you live near that area or will be traveling through it, I definitely recommend you stop in (call ahead first of course). You can read about the experience by clicking here. Now onto updates from around the state.
1. Rowe’s Produce Farm is open on select days for picking at the moment. It’s best to call ahead to see if they are picking the day you want to come. You can reach them at (734) 482-8538 or visit their website.
2. Makielski Berry Farm (located on Platt Road, south of Michigan Ave) typically begins their berry picking season in mid-July. I saw a sign today that said they were picking blackberries. I do not think their raspberries are ready until closer to the fall. You can call their info line for more details: (734) 572-0060 or visit their website
Others Parts of Michigan
1. Whittaker’s Berry Farm (6724 Todd Road Ida, MI, 48140) has fall raspberries available starting in mid-August. Their phone number is (734) 269-6612
2. Gruber’s Farm in Williamston (1061 E. Sherwood, Williamston, MI) is saying their fall raspberry picking will begin on Tuesday, August 24th. Their phone number is (517) 655-2901.
3. Swallowtail Farm (1633 Hagadorn Rd, Mason, MI 48854) expect their “Autumn Bitten” variety to be available around the third week of August. Their “Heritage” variety around the 1st of September. Their phone number is (517) 980-6634
4. Kiteley’s Farm Market (03805 Brock Road Charlevoix, MI. 49720) has red, black, and purple raspberries available for u-pick at different times throughout the season. Their phone number is (231) 547-2318. Click here for their website.
I will add more farms to the list as the season continues on.