Learn how you can make your very own homemade peach soda pop right in your own kitchen. Simple to do without any fancy equipment needed...but would also work with your fancy equipment!
This post includes affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. These are products and services I recommend because I use or trust them. Cookies will be used to track the affiliate links you click.
My wife's favorite flavor of soda pop has always been peach.
Not as common a flavor as say orange or lemon-lime, they are several companies that turn out pretty good peach soda like Filbert's and Nehi.
Even thought those are tasty brews, they still don't have the genuine fresh peach taste that homemade soda does. Since it's using real fruit I am giving you permission to feel better about drinking a sugary drink, alright 🙂
At least you will be avoiding High Fructose Corn Syrup or any artificial flavors or preservatives.
Now you don't need an fancy equipment to make your own pop - Just a pot, burner, and a bottle of carbonated water.
If you have one of those Soda Streams or a more traditional soda siphon that would be great but you are ok without them. It is cool to have one of those gadgets as you can better control the amount of carbonation going into your soda.
? Recipe Notes
- Making the syrup for this soda is super easy. Three ingredients : peaches, sugar, and water. You want to choose the best peaches when in season (click here to learn more about when peaches season is). This soda is only as good as the peaches in it. Cling stone or freestone it doesn't matter.
- In the recipe I do not indicate how much syrup to add to your carbonated water. Everyone taste's differs. I recommend adding a little bit at a time, then tasting until you get to the strength you like.
- An optional way to add more flavor is to add some fresh grated ginger root to the syrup or ground ginger.
- If you want to use honey instead of sugar in the recipe a 1:1 ratio will work. You can always try starting with ½ cup of honey, tasting it and seeing if you need to add more. Same applies if you are just going to use regular sugar (BTW - we use cane sugar)
? More Peach Recipes to Try When You are Done
- 3 peaches peeled and pits removed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Peel and removed the pits of your peaches. Place them into a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Pass through a sieve and.
- Bring 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar. Then add the pureed peaches.
- Lower the heat to medium high and cook until the mixture has thicken to a syrup consistency like maple syrup.
- Cool and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make the soda, fill a glass of carbonated water, and slowly stir in some syrup, tasting it until it is the strength you like.