My review of Ina Garten’s Blue Cheese Dressing. A great dressing to use for a wedge salad.
Are you a blue cheese salad dressing fan?
I am not a big fan of blue cheese salad dressing myself.
I am honestly not a fan of mayo based dressings. I would rather have a vingiarette anyday.
However my wiife is a fan of mayo based dressing. So I make them for her.
She was craving some blue cheese, so I searched the internet to find one. I discovered a good one by Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. Below you will find my notes from this recipe.
For the full recipe, view the whole recipe on Food Network’s website.
1. I purchase some good Roquefort blue cheese from Trader Joe’s. They had a high quality blue cheese at a really decent price. This roquefort is made with whole raw sheep’s milk.
2. I did not have tarragon vinegar. So I used the vinegar I did have, which was rice wine, and then added some fresh, chopped up tarragon from my herb garden.
3. It was easy to just dump the ingredients into a Cuisinart food processor, the dressing came together really well and fast!
My wife absolutely loved the dressing, said it was the best blue cheese she has ever had. I was very happy for that.
The recipe say it serves 4, but those would be really, really generous servings. We don’t believe in our house that you need to drown your salad in dressing.
If you want less dressing or are just trying it out then I suggest cutting the ingredient list in half.
When it make this for my wife again, I will probably at least cut the recipe in half.
This dressing is thick enough that it could also double as a dip. It’s also a good dressing to use for a wedge salad.
Other Salad Dressing Recipes You Might Like
Ina Garten’s Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Process til smooth
- Taste the dressing, add more salt or pepper if needed.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. These are products and services I recommend because I use or trust them. Cookies will be used to track the affiliate links you click.