If your looking to put together your entire meal from items at Costco, this shopping list has everything on it, you need to pick up at Costco for the meal. I list the prices as well as give some helpful tips.
This list is geared at those who want to cook their meal from scratch. If you are hear looking for prices on already cooked food, I don’t have those here. Your best bet is to give your local Costco a call and see what they have and can do for you.
What buying this guide will get YOU.
- A printable shopping list with room to check off as each item as you find it
- A department by department list of what you need for the meal – you won’t miss anything in the produce section
- Prices across the entire store, so you can find the best deal on potatoes for your mashed potatoes.
- BONUS! All of my most frequently asked Costco turkeys questions are answered.
- Don’t want to make a pumpkin pie this year? Find out what are the best frozen fruits that will make for an amazing pie.
- How about a salad to lighten up the meal? Find out how much organic salad greens cost.
- How about bread for your mom’s stuffing recipe? I have a great recommendation.
- I didn’t miss the seasonings for the meal. I have salt, pepper, and spice recommendations as well.
Here are a few of the products I talk about in the shopping list.
Are you tired of pumpkin pie? Do you want to try something different this season? Head to the frozen food department. I found this bag of Michigan cherries. My home state is the number 1 producer of tart cherries in the United States. What I love about these cherries is that you are getting a mix of tart, sweet, and Balaton cherries. Balaton are most tart cherry with great flavor and a hint of sweetness. A cherry pie for Thanksgiving? Why not!
Fresh corn is out of season by the time Thanksgiving rolls around. You may find some prepackaged stuff here and there but it’s not worth your time. It’s not going to be very sweet. Your better off picking up some sweet frozen corn. Costco offers an organic option that won’t break your budget.
Potatoes are must have at the Thanksgiving dinner table. Costco has all the bases covered. The prices of each type of potatoes is in my shopping list. For a recipe idea, pick up some Russet potatoes and try my No Peeling Necessary Mashed Potatoes.
I am very wary of buying spices in bulk at Costco. They may be a good deal but the containers are usually so big that they will lost their potency long before you use it all up, especially with something like cinnamon. But I think if you are ever going to need a lot of cinnamon this is the time of year. I use it all the time pairing it with apple and pumpkin desserts. The price is cheap enough that it actually beats the price of smaller containers at other stores. Costco carries Saigon cinnamon – a special type of cinnamon that is really fragrant. It is the best cinnamon.
I didn’t forget the turkey. As a bonus, I included my most frequently asked questions about Costco turkeys.